Statement of Our Beliefs & Faith
Who We Are
ABBA Fund is a nondenominational Christian ministry with evangelical roots. Our heart is grounded in helping orphans – often referred to as the “fatherless” in Scripture. We believe the best environment for an orphaned child is to be cared for in a loving, nurturing Christ-centered family environment where they will not only experience the love of Jesus Christ, but be introduced to the person of Jesus Christ … and hopefully trust in Him so that they will be adopted into Abba, Father’s family through salvation.
We believe the best way to accomplish that calling is to help Christian families adopt — and not just adopting in or into the United States, but also helping international Christian families adopt orphans in their own culture and country. And in countries where adoption is not an option, we want to help Christian families provide as close to a loving, nurturing family environment as possible in culturally appropriate ways. Every child deserves a family.
The heritage of our ministry name and a core value that drives our focus on adoption comes from what Scripture tells us about God’s desire to adopt each one of us into His family:
“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God … “
– Romans 8:14-16 (ESV)
“But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” “
– Galatians 4:4-6 (ESV)
“… he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight …”
– Ephesians 1:4-8 (ESV)
Authority of Scripture
We believe that all matters of faith and conduct must be evaluated on the basis of Holy Scripture, which is our infallible guide (2 Timothy 3:16–17). The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, acting as the source of authority over morality, our beliefs, Christian lifestyle and conduct. Since the Holy Bible does speak to the nature of human beings and their sexuality, it is imperative that we correctly understand and articulate what the Bible teaches on these matters.
ABBA Fund is charged with the ministerial responsibility of Biblical interpretation and promulgating religious policy. The ABBA Fund Board of Directors will determine life application as well as final matters relating to organizational theology, philosophy, Christian practice, faith, divine truth, morality, and theological and doctrinal resolutions as applied to the organization’s ministry efforts.
We are committed to the home and family as set forth in Holy Scripture. We believe God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, which include the distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, and children. It is our firm conviction that we uphold the dignity of each individual as we embrace the unchanging and longstanding principles of scriptural truth.
ABBA Fund believes a Christian family is one that lines up with biblical principles in which each member understands and fulfills his or her God-given role. The Scripturally-defined family is not an institution designed by man, but created by God and is comprised of one man, one woman and their children (both by birth and adoption). It is this family structure to which ABBA Fund focuses its mission. We also believe a single-parent led household upholding God’s Scriptural standards can provide a loving, nurturing environment of care for orphans. (If you would like to also know our specific Scripturally-defined beliefs regarding Marriage, Gender, Sexuality & Redemption, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our Board of Director adopted statement.)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. (Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (Revelation 20:11-15; 2 Corinthians 15:51-57)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. (Ephesians 1:22-23; 2 Corinthians 12:12, 27)