Church Adoption Loan Fund
By establishing adoption funds, local churches can directly minister to their own church families by removing the financial barriers so often faced by adoptive families. The ABBA Fund provides assistance to churches in establishing and administering church adoption funds – contact email@example.com for an application. We provide our services at no charge to the church so that every dollar contributed will be used to assist local church families in their time of need — or other Kingdom families God brings your way.
- Adoption expenses of $20,000-$40,000 seem financially impossible to many Christian couples. But we know, with God all things are possible. (Matt 19:26)
- Knowing financial assistance for adoption exists helps open a family’s heart to what God may be calling them to do. Many Christian families have the ability and heart to care for a child, but the initial costs can be daunting.
- Primarily because of finances, thousands of children remain in orphanages or are adopted by unbelievers, minimizing the opportunity for them to be nurtured with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be adopted into God’s forever family.
- Our own adoption into the Family of God as believers was expensive, but Christ was willing to pay the “ransom.”
- “Just as the Son of man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matt 20:28)
The Role of the Church
- Throughout scripture God has commanded His people to care for those in need, especially the orphan.
- When God calls a couple to adopt, the financial hurdles provide opportunities to see God’s provision in ways we never imagined.
- We believe God wants to use His church as the primary context for mobilizing adoption and providing the support for those adopting.
- By establishing an adoption fund, local churches can directly minister to their families and share in the blessing of bringing their children home.
An Adoption Fund Complements
Christ’s Purpose for the Church:
Gospel – Our adoption of orphans is a beautiful picture of the Gospel and our spiritual adoption by God through Christ. Adoption serves to fuel passion for worship as people see God’s power and love demonstrated in a very personal way. (Eph 1:5-10)
Community – As God grows families through adoption, God’s people have the privilege and responsibility of joining with parents in the process of guiding their children to faith in Christ. Adoption is a costly, time-consuming, and emotionally draining process which creates many opportunities for members of the community to minister to one another. The establishment of an adoption fund provides the opportunity for the community to care for the substantial needs of adoptive families.
Mission – Adoption by Christian families could be referred to as “missions in reverse” because it provides an opportunity to reach into our own cities and across the globe to bring children into homes where Jesus is present and the Gospel is proclaimed. An adoption fund will promote adoption and provide funds to assist families in fulfilling the Great Commission through adoption.
The “Local Church Adoption Fund” – How we can serve your church:
Church allocates funding from special offerings, church contributions, or fund raising efforts to launch an Adoption Fund ministry. ABBA Fund places 100% of the church’s contributions directly into the church’s Adoption Fund and works with the church to administer the funds to adoptive families who are approved by ABBA Fund’s application review process.
(As God provides, ABBA Fund will not charge our church partners any administrative fees. We work each year to cover those expenses through the generous contributions of donors and families that support our overall mission. We do request, but don’t require, that our church partners prayerfully consider making an annual contribution to the operations of our ministry efforts.)
ABBA Fund provides administration for the following:
- Qualifies families for interest-free loans based on standard criteria used for all our loans, and working with the churches representatives for special situations.
- Confidentially reviews applications based on the following required information:
- Spiritual – salvation testimony, Biblical worldview, pastoral reference, adoption testimony, parenting and education philosophy
- Financial – statement of net worth, cash flow, debt, repayment plans, personal contribution and fundraising efforts
- Receives and disburses funds, and administers the loans to cover the families adoptions needs, preferably directly to a third party (i.e., adoption agency), but always flexible to the family’s particular needs.
- Administers tax-deductible receipts, mailings, follow-ups, etc.
Administrates interest-free loans:
- Enters into a signed covenant agreement with couples to repay the loan through manageable monthly or annual payments.
- Allows families to take advantage of the Federal Adoption Tax Credit — $12,650 (per child) in 2012 — to repay the loan. (Note that adoption expenses covered by grants or gifts do not qualify for the Federal Tax Credit).
- Maximizes each contribution as loan repayments provide funds to meet needs of new adopting families.
- Becomes self-perpetuating by re-circulating loan repayments in the form of new loans.